Wheelchairs need to be taken care of, they’ve got a great deal of responsibility in keeping you safe and mobile! To ensure a smoother ride with fewer issues, follow a few simple protocol steps to maintain the stability of your chair.
- Daily clean off your wheelchair frame to get rid of any dirt collected over the day.
- Do not let your wheels sit in water or stay wet for long periods of time.
- Periodically check your tire pressure to make sure they are full, use an air pump when needed!
- Weekly examine your tires carefully, checking for any punctures or damage that could lead to an accident.
- Use wax on the frame to make it easier to open and close!
- Monthly, check the screws and tighten anything that is coming loose.
- Every 6 months, use oil on the center and bottom of the x-brace and other pivot points on the chair.
- Replace your cushion if it begins to lose its bounce, this can lead to soreness from the pressure.
As always, if you have any questions or would like to look into a Raizer Lift Chair from Rescue Lift, please contact us at www.rescuelift.com!