Do you like to celebrate and get in the holiday spirit by baking some festive goodies?! We found an awesome Frozen Avocado-Lime-Coconut Pie that is tasty, healthy, and the perfect pinch-me green for St. Patrick’s Day. Gather your family and create new holiday memory traditions with this sweet treat!
-3 tbsp vegetable oil
-10 whole graham crackers
-2 tbsp sugar
-3 tbsp unrefined coconut oil, melted
-2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
-1 15-ounce can of sweetened cream of coconut
-1 tbsp grated lime zest, plus ⅓ cup of fresh lime juice
-¼ tsp of salt
-1 ½ cups of frozen coconut whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees. Coat the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate with vegetable oil.
- Pulse the graham crackers and sugar in a food processor until finely ground. Add the vegetable oil and coconut oil and pulse until the mixture looks like wet sand. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie plate.
- Bake until set, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Rinse the food processor and add the avocados, cream of coconut, lime zest, lime juice, salt and puree until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and fold in the whipped topping until combined.
- Spoon the filling into the crust and smooth the top. Freeze until firm, about 6 hours. Service with more whipped topping and enjoy!